The CEM range of synth chips featured in numerous commercial and DIY synths in the 80’s before they ceased production. A number of the chips have been remanufactured by a Latvian electronics company and we delighted to be able to offer them through Soundtronics. Going forward, we will be designing synth modules using these chips.
The AS3320 is a high performance voltage controlled four-pole filter with on-chip voltage controllable resonance IC. The four independent sections may be interconnected to provide a wide variety of filter responses, such as low pass, high pass, band pass and all pass. A single input exponentially controls the frequency over greater than a ten octave range with little control voltage feed through. Another input controls the resonance in a modified linear manner from zero to low distortion oscillation. For those demanding applications, provision has been made to allow trimming for improved control voltage rejection. Each filter section features a variable gain cell which is fully temperature compensated, exhibits a better signal-to-noise ratio and generates its low distortion predominantly in the second harmonic. The device includes a minus two volt regulator to ensure low power dissipation and consequent low warm-up drift.
- voltage controllable frequency - 12 octave range
- voltage controllable resonance - from zero to oscillation
- accurate exponential frequency scale
- accurate linear resonance scale
- low control voltage feedthrough -45dB typical
- filter configurable into LPF, HPF, all pass, etc.
- low noise: -86dB typical
- low distortion in passband - 0.1% typical
- low warm up drift
- configurable into low distortion voltage controlled sine wave oscillator
- bandwidth till 800kHz