The voltage controlled filter is the prime method of filtering the harmonics of the input audio signals. The M²Synth has a number of filter choices:
- VC LPF 110 A low pass filter (attenuates higher frequency harmonics) with a 3-channel input mixer. Width 2U.
- VC LPF 116 A mini version of the low pass filter 110 without the 3-channel mixer. Width 1U.
- VC HPF 111 A high pass filter (attenuates lower frequency while passing higher frequency harmonics). Width 1U.
- VC BPF 113 A band pass filter that attenuates frequencies above and below the centre frequency passing only a narrow band of frequencies). Width 1U.
- VC BRF 114 A band reject (notch) that attenuates a narrow band of frequencies while passing frequencies above and below the centre frequency - opposite of the band pass filter. Width 1U.
- VC APF 115 A filter that passes all frequencies but varies the phase of the input signal at different frequencies in a non-linear way. Width 1U.
- VC SVF 112 A state variable filter that is 4 filters in 1 LPF, HPF, BPF & APF that can be used in combination of series / parallel for complex filtering effects.
The voltage controlled 24dB/octave 4-pole high pass filter passes the higher harmonics whilst blocking the lower frequencies hi-hats anyone?
- 1 Volt / Octave cut-off frequency CV)
- Cut-off modulation input with potentiometer attenuator (FM)
- Resonance potentiometer control with an external CV resonance input
- Self-oscillates with high resonance settings.
- Supply voltage +/-12Vdc
- Supply current +mA / mA
- Waveform levels +/-5V
- Frequency range: 36Hz to over 26kHz without any CV applied
- Main PCB dimensions 43.5x130mm
Each kit contains
- Main PCB
- Jack socket PCB
- All electronics components, IC sockets and power socket
- 100mm long Power lead
- Potentiometers, knobs and jack sockets
- Front panel assembly (faceplate and 3mm aluminium back panel)